AGV K1 Rossi Mugello 2016 Helmet
AGV Corsa R Rossi Mugello 2016 Helmet
The 2016 AGV Corsa R Mugello Helmet uses the fans and the circuit as the inspiration for the design. The design was created by Aldo Drudi, the creative genius behind most of Valentino’s helmets, and it uses bright yellow as the primary theme. The helmet features the word Mugiallo written in bold black letters around the front of the helmet above the face shield. This isn’t a spelling mistake. It is a play on words intended as a tribute to the fans known as the Popolo Giallo (the yellow crowd) and to the circuit itself. The word for yellow in Italian is giallo, so by turning Mugello into Mugiallo, Rossi is stating that Mugello is Yellow. This is a statement that you’d have a hard time denying as every year the crowds flock to Mugello to support Vale with yellow shirts, flags, banners, flags, and even smoke bombs. The rear of the helmet features a cartoon of Valentino’s two bulldogs and his cat who are depicted in red, white, and green, the tricolours of Italy.
Exceptional Italian hardware for the serious sport rider and track day enthusiast, the AGV Corsa R Helmet is a professional-level piece of equipment. Engineered to the same exacting standard as AGV’s flagship Pista GP R Carbon, the Corsa R benefits from the Moto-GP-level Pista’s research and development process, inheriting many of the same features.
The Corsa uses the same shell and ventilation design as Pista GP Carbon but without the additional expense of full carbon construction, opting instead for an equally strong proprietary blend of carbon and aramid fibers with traditional fiberglass. Race-bred features including a condition-dependent reversible crown comfort liner for peak performance in either heat or cold, an aerodynamic spoiler and hump-compatible shell design testify to the level of engineering expertise poured into the AGV Corsa R Helmet.
- CAAF shell (carbon/aramidic/fiberglass)
- 4 shell sizes / 4 EPS sizes
- Multi density EPS
- IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) with channels hollowed directly in the shell
- Optical class 1 face shield, up to 5mm thick
- Face shield is fitted with a swivel mechanism which provides a perfect seal with the shell
- Dual purpose face shield locking system reduces the risk of accidental opening
- Internal shape of helmet specifically designed to decrease the risk of collar bone impact
- Shape of helmet designed to blend aerodynamically with hump on race suit
- XQRS (Extra Quick Release System) metal face shield mechanism for fast, tool-free removal
- Central air vent for optimal air flow
- Adjustable vents
- Includes Max Vision Pinlock Insert Lens
- Reversible helmet liner allows selection of a warmer or cooler side
- Safety release system to remove cheek pads in case of accident
- Double D-ring retention system
- Includes tear-offs
Please Check more of our Helmet Collection