- Metzeler ME 888 MARATHON™ ULTRA is the best partner for long and safe traveling on cruiser, tourers and their custom versions.
- To achieve these targets, Metzeler designers finely combined the specifications which determine the characteristics of tires: profile, structure, tread pattern and compound.
- The structured shape features a flat and wide geometry that conveys and dissipates toward the sidewall the stress generated under the footprint, reducing the fatigue and the wear process.
- To increase wear regularity, the transversal grooves of the tread pattern are discontinued by ‘compound bridges’, resulting in a more solid and stiffer tread design that reduces the stress transmitted to the belts and carcass plies.
- Also, the edges of grooves are critical areas to wear regularity. ME 888 groove walls have different inclination to ensure the best operating angle in every position.
- The polymers of the compound are abrasion resistant, providing higher resistance to wear and hence high mileage.