Lithium Iron Phosphate Technology
Shido Lithium batteries have 4 cells LiFePO4 (Lithium Iron Phosphate) of 3.2 volts connected in series in order to reach an OCV of 12.8 volts. A perfect voltage to use as a starter battery for motorcycles. The electronic Battery Management System or BMS spread the charge and discharge regularly over the four cells. Thanks to its small internal resistance a Shido Lithium battery can generate a very high starting current with little Ah. This starting power delivers a powerful and quick start of the vehicle.
Longer Life Span
The service life of a battery is determined by the number of charge and discharge cycles. This is approximately 350 cycles for lead-acid batteries and about 1200 cycles for Shido Lithium (25% DOD or depth of discharge).
Over its entire lifetime a Lithium battery shows to be economical, in average about 2/3 the price of a lead-acid battery.
A lead-acid battery loses voltage relatively quickly through self-discharge when not using the motorcycle. After a winter the battery doesn't have sufficient capacity left to rotate the starter. This self-discharge is very low for a Shido Lithium battery. Even after 2 year not using your motorcycle you still can start the engine. Note: Hidden power consumers such as alarm systems can discharge the battery much faster than only through the self-discharge.
Shido Lithium batteries are on average 3 to 4 times lighter than a lead-acid battery.
- Up to 65% Lighter than LEAD-ACID batteries
- • No pollution - Does not contain any acid or heavy metals such as lead, cadmium or mercury.
- • No spill - No acid inside, no leak problems
- • Super cranking power - cranking current greater than 40 CA (lead-acid battery 10 CA)
- • Quick recharge with big current - rechargeable with 10C current and 90% recharged within 6 minutes
- • Excellent cycle life - more than 2000 cycles under JISD standard (lead-acid battery only 150 - 300 cycles)
- • Longer shelf life - more than one year (lead-acid battery 6 months)
- • Perfect performance - still performs at high temperatures of 60-80°C
- • Save energy – stable discharge voltage and lower internal resistance.
- • Highly safe – non-explosive and non-combustible
- 3 years Warrenty